By at 9:19 AM Tuesday, May 1st 2012

Henry Rollins Has a Message for Young People

Henry Rollins, The Truth

“It is easy to lose your moral compass, your decency, your sense of civility and your sense of community very easy. Things in traffic make you mad. People are getting a little desperate. They might not show their best elements to you. You must never lower yourself to being a person you don’t like.”

Thanks Nate, for this moment of inspiration.

1. Reverend Justito says:

Love it!

2. Henry Rollins and his stand-up philosophy have endless enriched my life for over 20 years.

• Skwerl says:

mine as well. very much. he picked up where my dad left off pretty much, to be perfectly honest. my dad’s cool, but at 19 i think i needed some different kinds of wisdom as i drifted. rollins supplied that.
      anyway, the day i moved to california, i went straight from the airport to see rollins speak at the fonda theater, with mr. johnny firecloud. years before antiquiet was a twinkle in anyone’s eye. mind you i originally moved to san diego, but i had booked a flight into lax, at the last minute, just to see rollins speak one more time. called pops from a payphone outside of the fonda and said ‘so yeah, sorry for not letting you know ahead of time, but i just moved to california.’ then went into the fonda with all my worldly possessions in a jansport backpack and had my mind blown some more.

3. MarianneSp says:

Henry is one of the most inspiring people I can think of. Smart, compassionate, brave, funny, and always seems to be able to put together words to say things in the perfect way.

4. Mary-Alice Middleton says:

Great message for anyone!

5. Rob says:

Can’t remember who gave me Black Coffee Blues back in, I think, 1994. I can still remember sitting on my folks front porch reading it and being intrigued by his deep thoughts. I absorbed every sentence from all his other books as well. Rollins has been on my radar since then.

6. Having 4 children under the age of 25…. could not have said it better. Roger, formerly from Roxborough

7. katie says:

Well said……

8. Pete says:

Henry Rollins for me is up there with the late great George Carlin. Thinkers who tell it like it is, and don’t give a shit whether some people like it or not.