Monday, March 14th 2011
News: Beastie Boys
We’ve finally got some solid information on the much-delayed Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2 album from the Beastie Boys.
While the album should be titled Fuck Cancer as far as we’re concerned, the cover of the long-awaited new Beastie Boys record (in all its weird color-box glory above) was unveiled by the Beasties themselves this morning, as well as its release date: May 3, via Capitol Records.
The band had intended to release Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 1 back in 2009, but Adam Yauch’s cancer diagnosis threw a wrench into those plans. Most of the tracks that had been slated for that album now appear on this one, despite the Part 2 reference.
Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2 tracklist:
01. Make Some Noise
02. Nonstop Disco Powerpack
04. Too Many Rappers [new reactionaries version] (featuring NAS)
05. Say It
06. The Bill Harper Collection
07. Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win (featuring Santigold)
08. Long Burn the Fire
09. Funky Donkey
10. The Larry Routine
11. Tadlock’s Glasses
12. Lee Majors Come Again
13. Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
14. Here’s a Little Something for Ya
15. Crazy Ass Shit
16. The Lisa Lisa/Full Force Routine