By at 12:33 PM Monday, August 19th 2013

New From Nine Inch Nails: ‘Everything’

Nine Inch Nails, Music

NIN everything

Another week, another new Nine Inch Nails track to make the wait for the forthcoming LP Hesitation Marks a little easier. This time, it’s the new single titled Everything, and it’s easily the the most pop-oriented we’ve seen the band in a decade.

The track was premiered on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show this Monday, and can be listened to below via NPR (or on YouTube):

So, just to recap: besides Everything, we have the songs Copy of ADisappointed, Find My Way and Came Back HauntedHesitation Marks is set to drop in two weeks, on September 3rd, but “will leak any second now,” as Trent Reznor himself mentioned during a gig last night in Germany.

1. Reverend Justito says:

If you have nothing nice to say…

2. chops says:

Getting some serious Cure vibes with a little…..Ray of Light?

Man, the dude sounds so alive. I’m really feeling the energy in this one. Might be my favorite of the new bunch so far.

3. wg says:

well, this is. . . . .different. this has got a sun-shiny, jangly post-punk new order vibe to it. definitely the most upbeat “pop” thing i’ve ever heard trent reznor do. really unexpected, especially for an album called “hesitation marks.” fuckin’ weird, but i can totally see myself doing “the carlton” to this.

4. zobi says:

not bad, probably inspired by the cure yes. so far the record seems to hold to its promises.

5. Adam says:

I was not expecting a ‘pop’ song from NIN anytime soon, especially when Trent has said inspiration for the new album came from older material the band has already done. Either way it’s kinda nice to see them stretch their wings a bit and try new stuff but I hope the remainder of the album is on the darker side. :)

6. Eric says:

The first minute has some elements from The Cure, but the rest has a definite New Order vibe.
    Can’t say I hate it, and it’ll probably grow on me.
    By far the most positive sounding upbeat NIN song I’ve ever heard!
    I feel as though I’ve already heard half the album.
    Kinda miss the good old days when you couldn’t wait to go to the record store first thing Tuesday morning, rip the cd out of it’s package and shove it into your car cd player, leaving the parking lot on full blast w/the anticipation of new music.
    Holy shit, I’m old.

7. mikoras says:

Trent is a funny fucker

8. Ross CMR says:

Wow after hearing this one i pretty much had to pre order the new album from http://smarturl.it/NINSite