By at 8:55 AM Thursday, June 6th 2013

Watch Queens Of The Stone Age ‘Live On Letterman’

Queens Of The Stone Age, Music

Last night in New York City, Queens of the Stone Age celebrated their brand new album by hanging out with David Letterman. In addition to performing the smash single My God Is The Sun during the late night show, Josh and the rest of the gang hung around for a rocking hour long set. In the event you missed either performance as you found yourself drooling over a new single from …Like Clockwork collaborator Trent Reznor, you check both of them out right here.

My God Is The Sun:

Live On Letterman Webcast:

Big thanks to our amigo The Audio Perv for the webcast footage.

1. Alex says:

I’m watching all the new live QOTSA performances I can, and with each passing show, it seems Jon is getting more dialed in back there on the drums. I certainly miss Nick, Alain, Mark, Dave/Joey and the others who have passed thru the ranks over the years, but I must say, the band has never sounded or played better from top to bottom. They sound so sharp, well-rehearsed but not stiff. AWESOME!

• Reverend Justito says:

Having been lucky enough to see the band live Monday night on the West Coast, I have an entire theory in my mind about how Jon completes the transformation from gutter punk band to suave and sexy mother fuckers.

• Alex says:

Spot on. They’re a flawless band now. Granted, the vibe of the band has become a little less dangerous, but it’s about the sound first with no close second, and these guys pour it on.

That said, I sure will miss hearing Nick scream like a demon on Songs for the Deaf. Some of the catalog that they have to wave goodbye to is a bummer.

I hope the next CD is out soon. For some reason, unless Josh gets pulled back into TCV, I have a feeling the next QOTSA record won’t be too far behind.

• Joe says:

GUTTER PUNK?!?! WTF are you talking about? LOL

Joey was a “gutter punk”? You don’t find Dave Grohl sexy? Maybe you should tell us more about your taste in men, you fanboy fairy.

Yeah, these guys were like a Crass cover band until dreamy Jon joined! You guys are retarded.

• Alex says:

My preference would always be that Dave is the permanent drummer for QOTSA, but that’s not going to happen. And since Joey is booted/gone, then Jon seems to be a pretty excellent replacement. The dude who replaced Nick is solid as balls, and while noone can replace Nick, you gotta admit that the band is tighter in its performances than ever before.

Now, that said and speaking of balls, Joe, you seem to be a really funny cat who is completely preoccupied with people’s state of fanboyness. I’ve read some of your shit on here, and you are funny for a little glazed-up hater. I’ll bet you lay a three-roper down over your My Chemical Romance poster every night, probably while wearing one of those marching jackets, you eyeliner-wearing, semen-breathed faggot ass hipster. Slink on back down to your parent’s basement and finish up that blog about how tasting paste in grade school prepared you for the sword swallowing that you now call everyday life. Bitch.

• Rob says:

Owned: adjective

belonging to oneself or itself —usually used following a possessive case or possessive adjective

LOL!

2. superunknown says:

Watched the entire Letterman webcast. I was glued to the screen. It’s incredible how the energy of one individual can transform a band.

I am anticipating the next album already. Homme + Theodore could really unleash some amazing new music.

3. evergreenLayne says:

Ok I will always believe Oliveri is THE bass player for QOTSA, the ying to Josh’s yang. But Shuman’s little bass run in “Like Clockwork” where he slides back and forth between notes before picking a nice little diddy was a nice touch.