By at 11:41 AM Monday, April 8th 2013

Queens Of The Stone Age Debut ‘My God Is The Sun’ and ‘…Like Clockwork’ Artwork/Tracklist

Queens Of The Stone Age, Music

Queens Of The Stone Age are kicking into gear for the release of …Like Clockwork, their first album since 2007′s Era Vulgaris, with the release of the first official single from the album, My God Is The Sun.

Check out the careening, mean and churning rocker below, which we saw debuted last week at Lollapalooza Brazil. The track features Dave Grohl on drums, returning on the kit for Queens for the first time since 2002′s Songs For The Deaf.

Also included in the track’s release is the cover art for the new album, by UK artist Boneface. Check out the goods below:

like-clockwork-hd-2

If you missed the announcement, Jon Theodore from The Mars Volta & One Day As A Lion is now on drums for the band. However, that’s Grohl you’re hearing on the studio recording of My God Is The Sun.

Additionally, Matador Records is listing June 4th as the release date for …Like Clockwork (as well as a pre-order link), with the following tracklist and info:

1. Keep Your Eyes Peeled
2. I Sat By The Ocean
3. The Vampyre Of Time And Memory
4. If I Had A Tail
5. My God Is The Sun
6. Kalopsia
7. Fairweather Friends
8. Smooth Sailing
9. I Appear Missing
10. …Like Clockwork

…. Like Clockwork was produced by Joshua Homme and QOTSA, recorded by Mark Rankin with additional engineering by Justin Smith, at Josh’s studio, Pink Duck, in Burbank, California.

Learn all there is to know about the upcoming June release of …Like Clockwork right here.

1. Mattylce says:

http://store.matadorrecords.com/like-clockwork Release date, track titles, the whole shebang

2. Razz says:

Brace yourselves! One hell of a record incomming.

3. joe says:

solid radio single. hoping for some good droning guitar riffs on some of these other tracks.

4. Luca Schuldt says:

Seriously, the audio-snippet of “My God is the Sun” was enough to tell, that it’s the powerful drumming of Grohl. Theodores weak drumming disappointed me at the Lollapaloozas. He fails at transporting the power of Grohls and Castillos drumming. Maybe he’s better at playing the more groovy stuff of Alfredo on the debut.

• lasdkf says:

exactly where is the weak if you could be so kind to tell us?

• Luca Schuldt says:

Did you see him play A Song for the Dead? His tiny drumkit and his casual way of drumming doesn’t fit the song at all. If you watch Grohl or Castillo play this song … they’re destroying their kits. So for me he fails at playing those powerful songs. I’m excited how his songs on the album sound like. As said before, I think he’s a more loose and groovy drummer.

5. Passenger says:

Wow, I can for certainly tell this was played without a click-track, it’s all over the place!

• me says:

solid 8/10 track… drumming is rad, i wish you guys would gather all your info before making a post. anyways, i still like ya.

• Skwerl says:

that’s just the nature of the business we’re in. every thousand clicks is a buck to keep the lights on, and while you’re gathering info, everyone else is posting half-assed shit and getting the clicks. we try and keep it balanced and double check as much as we can, but news has to go up the moment it breaks.

6. Stu says:

That’s some mightily disappointing artwork…

7. Dondo says:

Anybody listen to the Zane Lowe interview? Josh dropped a bomb about nine inch nails. He was gonna ask trent to produce the record, but Trent ended up working on a new NIN album instead (yes, he said album). BBC site doesn’t seem to have a link up.

• Dondo says:

Caught my ear because as far as anyone knows, he was just working on greatest hits stuff right?

But back to queens. Excited to hear the album!

8. Mitch Kayak says:

Jon Theodore’s drumming…weak? That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. First of all, he’s basically know for being bombastic. Second, talent-wise, he is better than grohl or castillo. Third, he absolutely kills Song for the Dead.

You guys are crazy. Just listen to any of the first three Mars Volta records.

9. The Odor says:

Jon is hardly playing a “tiny kit.” He happens to be about 6′ 5″ so his stature is bound to have a dwarfing effect, even on what looks like a Bonham-sized drumkit (a 24″ bass drum at least). Regardless, while his Qotsa predecessors may be a bit more demonstrative when laying into their kits, don’t let Jon’s gracefulness fool you; he’s got a thunderous attack!

10. Jelbright says:

I listened to the complete album twice today. I am the BIGGEST fan (as they all say) and my first reaction is that this is 5th or 6th as far as their album ranking goes. “My God Is The Sun” is the best song by far. Need 10 listens on LP at home to really process but it felt hollow to me. I miss the multiple lead singer aspect!