By at 11:45 AM Friday, March 22nd 2013

Queens Of The Stone Age Tease New Album ‘…Like Clockwork’

Queens Of The Stone Age, Music, Studio Reports

Queens-Of-The-Stone-Age

We know about Elton. Trent. Dave. MarkNick. Jake. The cast of guests on Queens Of The Stone Age‘s forthcoming new album is dizzying. The slew of mysterious messages tells of “running in a dream inside a codeine cabaret.” The anticipation is nearly six years in the making. Finally, this June, the wait is over. The record, entitled …Like Clockwork, will arrive this Summer on Matador Records.

Now, finally, fans can hear a vortex of new song snippets from selections off QOTSA’s new album on QOTSA.com. Make friends with the refresh button.

q

More news is on its way, including details on a new drummer in the mix whose name hasn’t been made public yet. The cat will undoubtedly escape the bag in the coming days, given that the band’s return to the stage happens next weekend at Lollapalooza Brazil.

We’ll leave you with a quote from Dave Grohl. “Queens Of The Stone Age are the best band I have ever been in – without question,” he said in 2005. “I usually get nervous when I go on stage, but when I was in QOTSA I never got nervous, because I knew the people in the crowd were about to witness the best thing they had ever seen live. I felt like that every single night I played with them. It’s like the best lover you’ve ever had in your life – you don’t have to talk about it, you just do it.”

1. Jon says:

Now the website lists June and a name of …Like Clockwork!

2. Steve Keyes says:

I’d rather have nothing… this is just cruel.

3. Fuckin’ finally. All I can say about the snippets is that the Queens signature sound is definitely there. Looks like we have to wait ’til at least May to hear the first full track.

4. FatsoJetson says:

I won’t lie, I came a little bit.

5. Sounds like a weird record. Interesting.

6. Brian says:

If you click on the link to ‘spread’ it brings up a tweet that @’s Matador Records.

7. Holy hell. This album is going to be amazing! I can’t believe that I missed a hint from one of the pictures: the rabbit is the MARCH HARE. *rimshot* Wonder if something more complete will come at the end of the month? You know…because he was always worried of being out of time?

8. Rory Biller says:

Ugh the site is crashing. Other people shouldn’t be hearing this before me.

9. Mel says:

I think I’m in love…

10. Mr. Joekzalott says:

Sounds so creepy. I love it!

11. Shaun Dunne says:

For all the people that want to hear the tracks being played (at random), I uploaded them here : https://soundcloud.com/thenavidsonrecord-1/sets/qotsa-secret-song-snippets

12. Mattylce says:

This is gonna be one crazy ride

13. Harvey "Juice Box" Wetnuts III says:

Track 1 (snippet) is the one that beckons my call. I still fully suggest that this track leads us to an imaginative rabbit hole celebration. No one mortal dare to question this sample piece of the majastic puzzle.

14. FatsoJetson says:

If that one snippet is a new version of Rickshaw, I’m going to flip the fuck out.

• qotsaamkw says:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

15. Mel says:

Hi mr. Firesquirrel. Is you blank?

16. none of your business says:

come on with the new drummer name, someone has to know it

17. Firesquirrel says:

Jon Theodore. Scoop, bro!

18. SallyThunderkat says:

I knew that one sounded like Rickshaw. I hope that’s the one they’re taking from Desert Sessions to redo. I love that one. Best News yet. All I can hope for now is that the rekord comes out on my birthday.

19. Firesquirrel says:

It isn’t Rickshaw.

20. hmm…2 of the biggest bands in rock have upcoming albums w/ red covers, AIC & QOTSA…and Pearl Jam has never used red as a album cover. coincidence?