By at 8:02 AM Wednesday, September 26th 2012

New From Soundgarden: ‘Been Away Too Long’

Soundgarden, Music

Soundgarden will release King Animal, their first studio album in over 15 years on November 13th, and we’ve finally got a full new track for you from the album, a song called Been Away Too Long. Appropriate title if I’ve ever heard one.

The song will hit iTunes and Amazon.com on Sept. 27th.

The blasting rocker sounds like the band has been listening to AC/DC quite a bit while putting together King Animal. No complaints here, as it certainly sounds like a revitalization of the Seattle rockers’ sound after so very many years away. Too long, indeed.

Preorder King Animal now on Amazon.

Thanks to 107.7 The End and Consequence Of Sound.

1. Jenkins says:

Yep. Not working.

2. Andrew Cove says:

The beginning reminds me of listening to Binaural for the first time and hearing Matt’s influence on PJ.

3. Charlie says:

Such a stongly album-oriented band, its difficult and kind of worthless to put too much critical effort and thought into a single. Can’t wait for the album!

4. sommsniffer says:

wow, its very diffcult to get a leak of this. seriously no one out there has it?

5. If they are back to Loud Love era shit (per the pic), I’m on board 100%. In my opinion, after Badmotorfinger, they went to shit. Gone were Kim Thayill’s crazy riffs, replaced by horrible radio rock and Cornell’s voice reduced to moaning and crooning.

6. Evander says:

I like it, definitely has that muddy sound. Some of the transitions sound a little lame but that main riff and cameron’s drumming sound sick. My only critique would be the lyrics, but who the fuck am I?
    Also, probably just me but I love that intermittent ‘yeah’ Cornell slips into his performances

7. Rory Biller says:

This does nothing for me.