By at 11:59 AM Wednesday, June 27th 2012

Listen to Muse’s ‘Survival’

Muse, Music

When Muse announced their sixth LP The 2nd Law, its dubstep-infused trailer raised some pretty serious concerns. Today, the fans’ doubts were put to a test, as the band released the first song from the album, entitled Survival.

As NME reports, the track was written by frontman Matthew Bellamy for the 2012 London Olympic Games, which selected Survival as the event’s official song. Bellamy stated that “it’s about total conviction and pure determination to win.” Listen to the dubstep-free, Queen-influenced track below:

The band went on about the song, which debuted today on BBC’s Radio 1: “The song will be played throughout the Games including when athletes enter the stadium, in the lead up to the medal ceremony and also as the theme for all international TV coverage. ”

Muse’s The 2nd Law is tentatively set for a Semptember 17th release.

1. Steve Keyes says:

Oh so it’s only going to be played during every single aspect of the Olympics? Good, I won’t get sick of it then.

2. Elijah's Rain says:

I don’t know what I expected really. Muse is just a guilty pleasure and you already know what you’re going to get. Nobody does pompous music better than Muse.

3. Pete says:

Wow, and I thought the last Muse album was crap, this is a new low. Cross them off the list of relevant bands.

4. Dan says:

Most ovverrated band of all time after Nirvana.

5. Avalon says:

all of you people bashing muse’s newer/album/sound I hate to break it to you, but they still are and always will be cooler than you will ever be. get over yourselves, but besides that, have a nice day.

6. Lincoln says:

Anyone notice the amount of clapping/clicking/snapping on this album thus far? If not, I am truly losing my shit.