By José Pepe at 9:22 AM Tuesday, August 30th 2011
Stone Temple Pilots frontman Scott Weiland, in a very quiet un-Weilandlike move, released a web-exclusive album of cover songs today with almost no promotional bells & whistles whatsoever. Available at his website starting today, it features songs originally from the Stone Roses, Nirvana, The Rolling Stones, The Flaming Lips and Radiohead.
This set of songs are not new recordings, and some of them, namely, David Bowie’s Fame and Revolution by The Beatles have been previously released, either as Weiland’s solo act or with Stone Temple Pilots.
Here’s the tracklist of the simply titled A Compilation Of Scott Weiland’s Cover Songs:
1. I Am The Resurrection (Stone Roses)
2. Personality Crisis (New York Dolls)
3. Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle (Nirvana)
4. Let Down (Radiohead)
5. Into Your Arms (The Lemonheads)
6. Dead Flowers (The Rolling Stones)
7. Waiting For Superman (The Flaming Lips)
8. Revolution (The Beatles)
9. But Not Tonight (Depeche Mode)
10. Reel Around The Fountain (The Smiths)
11. Fame (David Bowie)
12. Jean Genie (David Bowie)
You can buy it right here, though $15 is a lot of actual real money to pay for 12 tracks at mixed bitrates ranging from 128kbps to 160kbps. Eww.