By at 1:05 PM Tuesday, December 7th 2010

Mark Lanegan & Alain Johannes Begin Work On New Album

Mark Lanegan, Music

Man of many projects Mark Lanegan, in an interview with Tel-Aviv-based music site Musica Neto, confirmed that he’s working on the long-awaited follow-up to his 2004 solo album Bubblegum.

“I started working on a new album a few weeks ago and I’ll continue to work on it once I get back from this tour [with Isobell Campell],” Lanegan explained.

When asked if he is working with anyone in particular regarding the new album, Lanegan named-dropped Alain Johannes, while also loosely mentioning that contributors to his previous albums will be involved as well. Johannes is best known for his work with Queens of the Stone Age and Them Crooked Vultures, as well as an incredible solo album that sits high on our list of best albums of 2010.

Lanegan, who is currently touring his stellar new album with Isobell Campell in Europe, also expressed his desire to collaborate with various other artists, including Neil Young. “If Neil Young knocked on my door and said ‘Let’s do something’, I’d lose it. That’s just one example, but there are millions.”

Let’s hope Young’s listening and takes him up on the offer, because that’s a musical match we’d love to see catch fire. But until then, we can look forward to a new Mark Lanegan solo album in 2011, and that’s a mighty fine thing.

Photo © M.Gandy.

1. Rory says:

Just….creamed in my pantaloons….

2. Pupo says:

I just love this mofo…. Him & Johannes, match made in heaven, I tell you!
    PS. Does he looks like Will Ferrell in that photo or what?

3. Pupo says:

an even ‘cooler’ Will Ferrell that is….like an archnemesis for Dewey Cox

4. Greg Shield says:

Loving the amount of material Lanegan is putting out in the last few years…just wish he’d find some time/josh would let him do a few more QOTSA tracks!

5. dainzo says:

“a musical match we’d love to see catch fire” ??
    woa.

6. Deuce says:

I squealed like a little girl when I saw this. I haven’t been able to stop listening to Johannes’ album and I was obsessed with Bubblegum when it came out. I just hope Alain brings everything he did with Spark to the table.

7. Oh, Lanegan… my one and only man-crush

8. Michael says:

Thanks to add Photographer CREDIT: © M.Gandy !