By at 1:23 PM Thursday, September 16th 2010

Listen To Rare Queens Of The Stone Age Debut-Reissue Tracks

Queens Of The Stone Age, Music

The debut album from Queens Of The Stone Age is getting the reissue treatment, with the the band’s 1998 eponymous initial offering getting a tasty boost with three tracks previously only available as split singles.

Initially left off the album, the songs include single-worthy track The Bronze, as well as Them Crooked Vultures precursor These Aren’t The Droids You’re Looking For and instrumental jam Spiders And Vinegaroons. While the first two were made available as part of The Split CD, a QOTSA/Beaver joint offering, Spiders was released as a split compilation EP with Kyuss in December 1997.

If you missed them then, and you’d rather not wait until the release, we’ve got the goods here for you now, right here.

The Bronze:

These Aren’t The Droids You’re Looking For:

Spiders And Vinegaroons:

Queens Of The Stone Age will be available as a double LP on November 26 and on CD on December 7, respectively. The new edition reflects the band’s original vision for the album, restoring Queens Of The Stone Age to its initial running order. QOTSA recently re-issued their breakthrough sophomore album Rated R as well.

To keep up with the releases and what Queens are up to, head to their official site.

1. This is so going to be on my wish list to Santa.

2. Klavonsky says:

Droids isn’t working for me.

3. Rory says:

Spider and Vinegroons is sick…these are all on the B-sides and Rarities discs though.

4. BD says:

These tracks are about as rare as Antiquiets tounge in bad music’s anus. Cmon! Touting it as “unreleased” on Twitter? Double cmon!

5. Dalton says:

Although I already obtained these songs in a not so legal way, I can’t wait to get my hands on the reissue. Would mean alot to me to actually own a cd with these awesome songs on.

6. dainzo says:

I think it’s worth notin

7. dainzo says:

haha sorry about that … fucking keyboard…

anyway … ahem … i think it’s worth noting that the tracklist is :

01 Regular John
    02 Avon
    03 If Only
    04 Walkin’ on the Sidewalks
    05 You Would Know
    06 The Bronze *
    07 How to Handle a Rope (A Lesson in the Lariat)
    08 Mexicola
    09 Hispanic Impressions
    10 You Can’t Quit Me Baby
    11 These Aren’t the Droids You’re Looking For *
    12 Give the Mule What He Wants
    13 Spiders and Vinegaroons *
    14 I Was a Teenage Hand Model

… which is a great idea: working the bonus tracks into the album and expanding it that way, rather than just tacking those songs on at the end. Teenage Handmodel is such a great album closer, having any more music after that would be awkward at best.
    I’ve had these bonus tracks in my collection for years and years but it’ll be great to finally get the whole thing on vinyl.

8. zoopster says:

I fucking LOVE The Bronze! One of my favorite non album tracks. I have a shitty mp3 version off the internet of this song so I’m glad to finally have a chance to listen to it in high quality. Excellent. Can’t wait.