By at 11:45 AM Monday, April 26th 2010

Billy Calls Out Courtney

Music

Smashing Pumpkins nucleus Billy Corgan appears to have had enough of Courtney Love‘s general batshittery and gnawing every hand that feeds her down to a bloody stump, and this morning gave the chief Hole a pull-no-punches piece of his mind.

Corgan took to his Twitter account this morning to share a few words of wisdom with Miss Love. He called her out on being a shitty songwriter who can’t stand on her own, her relentless insanity on Facebook and the squandering of her husband’s fortune. He stepped into full ohnoyoudi’int territory when calling Courtney out on her irresponsible behavior that resulted in custody loss and a restraining order from her daughter, Frances Bean Cobain.

Corgan’s demanded that she not release any songs they worked on together after having had enough of Love’s antics. “[If she does release them] it would be a real big problem, because I haven’t given my permission,” he told Rolling Stone. “After almost 20 years of friendship, I have decided to break all ties to Courtney. I don’t want anything to do with her. I have no interest in supporting her in any way, shape or form. You can’t throw enough things down the abyss with a person like that.”

Here are Corgan’s words verbatim. The beginning of each tweet is bolded to indicate where one ends and the other begins (if line breaks are too bothersome on this Mondayest of mornings):

Thought #1: my face is my face, my heart is my heart, my money is my money. Oh, and my songs are MY songs+If you can’t write your own songs?

Thought #2: if you can’t write your own songs maybe you should just be happy that you fooled someone into doing your work for you..

Or, thought #3: maybe you should go someone nice+live off your husband’s money, u know the money he made for writing all those great songs.

Thought #4: when you issue someone an apology on YOUR facebook page you might actually mean it and take responsibility for it. But…

Thought #5: the world is aware of your lack of responsibility, as seen in the gov’t taking away your parental right. Only you could abandon!

Only u could abandon such a beautiful, incredible child who is smarter than u, cooler than u, and better than u. Oops, did I say too much?

Thought #6: so have your moment, burn up in the sun that laughs at u as equally as it appears to celebrate u+sleep knowing u have no honor.

We can’t help but feel more than a little satisfaction in knowing that this fraud of a hack-ass musician is getting called out by her contemporaries. We’re popping the popcorn in anticipation of Love’s incoherent, run-on rebuttal, which should be turning up soon. And when the record flops as badly as it sucks, the pill-poppin’, Twitter-ranting rock whore will undoubtedly bake up another wild batch of anti-semitic lunatic conspiracy theories.

1. tng/dharma69 says:

Extra butter on mine, please.

And even though I have absolutely no use for Toure (seriously) I’m full on looking forward to whateveathfuck interview he managed to squeeze/bribe/coerce/blackmail/grudgefuck out of her. you jsut can’t make this stuff up but if you medicate it enough, the good times will come.

2. Thor Man says:

Billy fails at poetry but still, Im happy he tore into her like that. God knows shes had it coming for awhile. Of course she wont hear any of it, she’ll just see another old friend get tired of her bullshit and attack her; (in her mind justifying everything shes been saying). She’ll try to form a counter attack on Corgan instead of seeing that right and trying to get better. Stupid fucking bitch. I hope to god she finds this site and reads everything Im saying about her.
    Courtney, hurry up and die please. Frances deserves Kurt’s money far more then you ever did.

3. José De la Rosé says:

They’re both pretty annoying and uninteresting musically. At least Courtney is funny to watch as she flies off the handle. If I had to kill one, it would be Billy.

sounds like we need to add stevie nicks for a game of marry-fuck-kill.

5. Michael says:

“There was this girl
    Who lived not too long ago
    As a matter of fact I think
    She lives still
    She knew she could do no wrong
    Just singin’ those songs
    That we all knew

She would always crash the party
    It was no surprise
    It was for her

Too Cool Queenie

There was this boy
    He played in a rock-n-roll band
    And he wasn’t half-bad,
    At saving the world
    She said he could do no right
    So he took his life
    His story is true

It’s ok cause what goes around, comes around
    It’s all right cause what goes around, comes around

And now this girl,
    Yeah she got real famous
    And she made lots of money and
    Some of his too
    But still she thinks she can do no wrong
    Just playing those songs
    She’s all too cool”

-STP

By the way, Billy, just write it: “Hey, bitch, we KNOW who wrote ‘Live Through This.’”

6. EL Duderino says:

Sheesh, is this the battle of the 90′s has been’s or what? At least Corgan was relevant for a few years there, but come on, who cares about your crappy songs you wrote for a burnt out junkie ya bald sissy boy.

7. Secret says:

Funny… Courtney has issues of which may be out of her control right now.. Help is definitely needed. I think ultimately you people should all be fucking ashamed of your comments qnd being so incredibly insensetive to someones downfall… I’m not her biggest fan but, how would you all feel, getting kicked while you’re down?
    This is a big F-U with my middle finger.. Shame on you all!

8. dainzo says:

marry Courtney Love( and take all her money)
    fuck Stevie Nicks ( just threw up in my mouth a little)
    kill Billy Corgan (ahh, that’s better ..)

9. zoopster says:

10 bucks says courtney’s pregnant with Billy’s pumpkin baby by the end of the year

10. Secret says:

@ Dainzo… what did Stevie Nicks ever do to you?
    God.. what a small minded person you are! And, clearly you know nothing about music and it’s history!

11. “This is a big F-U with my middle finger.. ” comment of the day, for sure. But if you’re anything like our last Stevie Nicks fanatic, you should really check out this piece.

12. zoopster says:

@Secret: Is that you Stevie? Courtney? Quit lurking.

13. Secret says:

@ Zoopster – Who’s lurking…?
    If I was Stevie or Courtney replying to you, it would probably be the highlight of your life…TRUST!

@ Jonny… thanks for the link. I do enjoy Stevie very much… the interview was like walking on glass here and there but, none the less I love SN.

14. Wow, had no idea Love was on Stern this morning. It’s all much clearer now.

15. zoopster says:

@secret: yeah, umm that was supposed to be a joke, haha……….

Getting a reply from either one wouldn’t even make my top 100 “highlights of my life”, but of course, you know better than I, right?

And as for Courtney Hole getting kicked while she’s down, she asks for it every time she opens her giant, misshapen, duck-billed mouth. As for Stevie, well, apart from making some good music 30 plus years ago, she’s fairly irrelevant today. But I’m sure she’s glad there are people like you keeping the flame alive.

16. Brad M says:

The very scary thing is that, if Cobain had survived to this day, he might be as cracked out and fucked up as she is.

17. Thor Man says:

I disagree Brad. Kurt knew he had problems. Courtney thinks everyone else is the problem. Big difference.
    Also to Secret: I will say what I damn well like on this site if it relates to the topic. I havent even done anything wrong, aside from daring to have a different opinion then you and being loud about it.
    “Courtney has issues of which may be out of her control right now.. Help is definitely needed.”
    How is squandering her dead husbands fortune and being a horrible parent to her CHILD out of her control? Quite honestly she is a goddamn waste and she does nothing to prove otherwise.
    And as for help is needed, what do you think Corgan was trying to do? I cant stand the man but credit where it is due. He threw her a life raft and tried to make things better. Look what the blood sucker did to him. She is alienating everyone close to her. Yeah she defiantly sounds like she is totally deserving of your devotion.
    Now you can take your damn shame somewhere else. And yes I have been kicked while I was down, and I fucking needed it.
    /End rant.

18. pupo says:

Secret, you’re as irrelevant as Courtney and I ‘care’ about your comments about as much as that twat’s tweets.

Zoopster, 10 bucks Billy won’t make it to the end of the year, he’ll be hit by a train in the middle of nowhere…

19. zoopster says:

Totally surprised by that “normal” looking picture you added in the update. I had to ask myself, “Is that really her? She looks almost….good.” Almost.

Pupo, unless said train to nowhere is being driven by Courtney, yeah, I’ll take that bet, too. I still say the lovers kiss and make up,though. But then I wonder if Courtney’s gonna try and get Billy whacked, like she did to poor Kurt……..

20. pupo says:

In fact, I was makin allusion at the ‘mysterious’ death of El Duce….Remember that?

21. daniel says:

Personally, I think you’ve got it twisted as to who the hack is.

Live Through This is eons better at rock and roll than any album Corgan has ever put out, Pumpkins or no. I’ll give him props that Today is a great single. Celebrity Skin is a better pop album and America’s Sweetheart is artistically riskier than anything Cogan ever has or will ever put out. And she writes better lyrics.

22. well, that’s one way to look at it.

23. Thor Man says:

Or rather she has better lyrics written for her.

24. Thor Man says:

Also I think she was supposed to be on Letterman either last night or today. Maybe we can see her piss and moan a little more about how people are being mean to her.
    What a fucking child.

25. zoopster says:

ahh yes, who can forget El Duce’s sad demise…..

@Daniel, Eons???? Really. Really????? Not sure which Corgan songs you’ve heard, but one minute’s worth of ANY song on either Melancholy or Siamese Dream is superior to anything Courtney has even been close to being halfway artistically involved with.

26. “i forgive @Billy i just find him pretty creepy kid just wants some privacy god! gotta go play a show ta ta”

Awww, she forgives him.

27. Thor Man says:

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/04/29/courtney-love-wants-to-split-from-cobain/ Apparently she is capable of some sense. Shame Im gonna loose one of my biggest reasons to loath her. Im sure Ill find more reasons too though.

i saw that, and i had mixed feelings. i think i trust cobain’s estate in love’s hands more than some label’s, if she’s going to go the route she went in ’06. it should go to frances, or grohl and novoselic.

29. Thor Man says:

Any of the three have a large stake in the claim. Id rather it go to Frances. That would help a little after the shit love has said about her publicly.