By at 5:51 PM Tuesday, March 31st 2009

Talib Kweli Is Not Suing Blink-182

Talib Kweli, Music

Earlier today, several obscure websites started claiming that Talib Kweli was suing Blink-182′s Tom Delonge over a song entitled Good Day that was allegedly stolen from Kweli and released on Angels & Airwaves’ debut album. The most compelling source was claiming to be Kweli’s publicist in a statement posted to this blog. Well, we got a hold of Kweli himself, and he told us: “I am not suing anybody. I have absolutely no idea who those people are.”

Talib Kweli

Shortly after, Kweli CC’d us on an email to his people, clarifying: “I know who Tom is. We did a song, it was dope. I don’t know who these so called lawyers and publicist are. Yo, everybody, y’all gotta get the word out better.”

They replied: “[Tom] knows, and the person listed that is supposed to be repping you doesn’t exist.”

So there you have it.

1. Sloane says:

Good News. The only story I actually heard of this was that Tom wrote the song for Kweli and then released it anyway, which since he was the author he had the right to do so. Therefore Talib wouldn’t have a case anyway.

2. Ryan says:

Holy shit, I inspired a post on Antiquiet. Aaaaand back to my little life.

3. Ryan says:

I just changed my Gravatar pic and website link. And now I’m wasting a comment. errrrr. You guys are super awesome. And the bitches at punkdisasters.com don’t appreciate that I took part in solving this mystery.

yes, you definitely got the mystery machine rolling! thanks man. we appreciate it at least :)

5. taylor delongee, says:

actually the song was do it for me now,

6. Tyler says: